So recently I've been working on my family's meal planning. Rewriting all of our recipe cards. Getting the recipes off Pinterest and transferring them to my new plan...it's slow and a lot of work, but it's an attempt to organize. And of course I used my cameo to sketch the new recipe cards.
Okay, so lets get started.
I make these really cute wood frames with a clothes pin and a cute quote. Well when I went and got wood cut the last time, this was the end of the board. He threw it in the scrap bucket and I was like, "Hey! I want that." Well I didn't really have a use for it. Until now. So it measures about 5.5x7 inches or so. I painted it with Delta Ceramcoat Light Foliage Green. It matches my dining room and dishes.
I wanted to give it a little patina. So I put a little of my accent color on a piece of paper (I got way too much, but I wanted you all to see the color). You really only need about a dime size dot. I used this little dauber brush, dip it in the paint and dab all the excess off. You want it to be pretty "dry"
Now for the vinyl. I want to show you all reverse weeding because this has saved me from a lot of tears and wasted vinyl. These pictures are a little hard to see, but I'm going to talk you through it the best I can.
So now your word or words are on the transfer paper and ready to go onto your project.
I love this close up. I love the beat up wood and the texture!
So here is my recipe holder. But I knew I didn't want to have that displayed all the time. I mean a lot of stuff I can cook from memory but others I can't. So I wanted something I could display full time.
So on the back side, I did this. Then as I'm getting ready to blog and finish up pictures I realized I don't have a recent family picture. This is from my sister's wedding in February.
Want more Silhouette inspiration? Check out the blog hop below for more awesome projects!
- 2013 Snowman Christmas Card by Please Excuse My Craftermath...
- Christmas Hoop Art by Lil' Mrs. Tori
- Silhouette Nativity Advent Candle Box by One Tough Mother
- Christmas Party Photo Booth Props by unOriginal Mom
- Another Stenciled Tea Towel by Cutesy Crafts
- Silhouette Gift Tags by Rain on a Tin Roof
- Snowflake Pin / Ornament by Coley's Corner
- State Sign Couple Gift by It Happens in a Blink
- Mason Jar Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Merry Christmas Wall Decor by One Artsy Mama
- Deer Head Holiday Banner...featuring Santa's Reindeer by The Thinking Closet
- Restore your UGGS (with PAINT) by From Wine to Whine
- Monogrammed Snowflake Ornaments by Architecture of a Mom
- Christmas Countdown Sign by The Girl Creative
- Elf Chalk Sign: "The Best Way to Spread Christmas" by Weekend Craft
- Glittery Christmas Subway Art by The Turquoise Home
- Sketch Pen Labels by Sowdering About in Seattle
- Snowflake NOEL Sign by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Holiday Hostess Gift by Everyday Paper
- Folding Nativity Backdrop by Chicken Scratch NY
- Recycled Glass Jar Advent Calendar by Nearly Handmade
- Reindeer Card: Double-Sided Print & Cut by GetSilvered
- Personalized Block Ornament by Suburble
- Paper Medallion Christmas Tree by Create & Babble
- Mini Mid-Century Homes by Tried & True
- Glitter and Vinyl Minecraft Christmas Ornament by A Tossed Salad Life
- DIY Countdown to Christmas Refrigerator Style by My Paper Craze
- Reversible Recipe Holder/Block Frame by The Sensory Emporium
- DIY: Lettered Christmas Pillows by The House on Hillbrook
- Simply Charming Christmas Ornaments by Life After Laundry
- No Glitter was Worn by GiveMeAPaintbrush
- Make Easy Ornaments from Paper Circles by Bringing Creativity to Life
- Cutting Machine Embroidery Applique by Terri Johnson Creates
- "Believe" Christmas Banner by Daily Dwelling
- DIY Christmas Nativity Card by Pitter and Glink