Monday, March 10, 2014

Paper Garland



Woohoo! Another month, another Silhouette Challenge and I'm so excited. This month's theme is paper and paper just happens to be one of my favorite mediums.  So before accepting this challenge, I had to think really hard about one thing I haven't done with paper.  There isn't much, however, one thing that has always scared me is sewing paper.  Did you know you could sew paper?  I just recently (within the last year) learned I could do this and now that I've taken the leap, I can only imagine the fun things I can do with this new skill. 

So, what did I want to sew?  Well I need centerpieces for my best friend's baby shower and a little banner would be so cute!  So, I made a pennant banner that is tiny enough to fit on top of cute little terrariums.

Cute right? Perfect for a Woodland Theme Baby Shower.
So here's how you do it.
I started with all these little pieces.  I used a triangle shape and sized it to about 1.5 inch.

Then I changed the stitch spacing on my machine to about 3 and chained them together.  All you do is feed them through the machine. As soon as one triangle is about done, put the other one in and feed it through.  Here is a side view.
 

And a head on view.  Just keep feeding them through and before you know it, you have a nice little banner.

 
I just love it!  I'm envisioning doing this in seasonal colors. I can keep the terrarium the same and just change the banner!

These are going to look awesome at the baby shower!
 
Do you love paper crafting as much as I do?  Do you run out of ideas like I did?  Well, check out some of my friends to get some more inspiration.



Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!





The Great Lamp Rescue

Barnyard Animal Paper Garland & Party Details

Sweet and Simple Easter Bunny Card

Owl Theme Baby Shower

Ombre Paint Chip Earrings & Free Cut File

Spring is Blooming

Drop It (Like It's Hot) Hexagon Tray

Spruce Up Your RECIPE BOOK

Gift Card Giving Free Cut Files

Custom outlines for stamps

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Juice Boxes

Wine Themed Bridal Shower

Learn How To Make A Sewn Paper Garland!

Moroccan Thank You Card

3D Flower Spring Wreath

For the Love of Paper: Cutting Embellishments

Create Your Own St. Patrick's Day Cupcake Wrappers and Toppers

Swimming Word Art

St. Patrick's Day Lime White Chocolate Chips Cupcakes + Freebie

You're invited to a dog party!

I'm so Lucky!

Spring Wreath with SIlhouette Cut Flowers

Tiny Princesses Paper Dolls

Colorful Quote with your Silhouette

Get Well Bouquet with Persimmon Roses

Greeting Card Holder

Baby Shower Invitations

How-To Create a Custom Pillowbox on Your Silhouette Machine + Free Cut File!

Quality Time Jar

Matchbox Cover with {FREE CUT FILE}

DIY Baby Girl Shower Invitation

Candy Alphabet Travel Game

Paper Garland

Pretty Paper Roses

DIY Geometric Heart Journal

Hand Made Decorations for a Pirate Party

Wedding Shower Gift Heart Map

Decoupaged Letters (A scanner + A Silhouette = Spectacular results!)

Easter Pop-up Box Card with Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper from Stampin' Up!

Better World Greeting Cards

Star Wars Silhouette Canvas

Monogrammed Gifts

Make Printable Gift Wrap with your Silhouette Software

Free Printable: Blank Banner with free Silhouette Cut File



1. McCall Manor // 2. The Turquoise Home // 3. Creative Savings // 4. Sandpaper and Glue // 5. The Thinking Closet // 6. Sowdering About in Seattle // 7. Persia Lou // 8. From Wine to Whine // 9. Dream a Little Bigger // 10. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 11. Play. Party. Pin. // 12. Everyday Paper // 13. Practically Functional // 14. A Tossed Salad Life // 15. My Favorite Finds // 16. The House on Hillbrook // 17. Adventures in All Things Food // 18. A Glimpse Into Barb's Life // 19. TitiCrafty // 20. The Experimental Home // 21. feto soap blog // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. The Stamp Doc // 24. Ginger Snap Crafts // 25. Simply Kelly Designs // 26. Whats Next Ma // 27. unOriginal Mom // 28. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 29. Cutesy Crafts // 30. My Paper Craze // 31. Create & Babble // 32. Grey Luster Girl // 33. The Sensory Emporium // 34. Lil' Mrs. Tori // 35. Black and White Obsession // 36. Mama Sonshine // 37. Weekend Craft // 38. Creative Carnival // 39. Peace, Love and Joyce // 40. Tried & True // 41. The Frill of Life // 42. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 43. Get Silvered // 44. Minted Strawberry

9 comments:

  1. what a cute idea! looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love mini things. Take something cute, scale it down, and it only becomes cuter!!! What a great way to make a tiny pennant banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I have some twigs in a vase that coulf do with a little banner makeover like this. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love banners and now you've given me another great way to use them…mini banners! So adorably cute!!! I just love being part of this talented Silhouette Challenge group!
    Peace, Love and Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. before I got my Silhouette I had to hand cut tiny pennants, but I never thought of sewing them!
    I am glad to see I can do it on my silhouette, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute! I imagine it would be awesome on a notebook as well. I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pennants are darling and your project include another of my favorites sewing. You are creative and I wish you success in your business development.
    Karen Marie
    Dragonfly & Lily Pads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! If only I could sew. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete