Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Little About Me

I see my views increasing daily and that's truly exciting! So I thought maybe my readers would like to know a little about who I am and what it is that I do. Well for starters, my name is Brooke and I'm a stay at home mom/small business owner. I have two kids.
B is 3.5 and my crazy little dude. He pretty much inspired my business and gave me my start.
E is just over 1 and she is my wild child! She could climb a three story building and jump and laugh the whole way.
Both of my children are my whole world and I sell my crafts so that I can be their whole world as well. Life is too short to miss a single moment of their lives.

Another major influence in my business is my wonderful husband, M. He inspires and supports me fully. We met in middle school when I was 12 and he was 14. He's been the love of my life ever since. But I won't go into the mushy details on that story.

I started The Sensory Emporium because I made a ton of baby toys for my son and friends, family and strangers were always commenting on how cute they were. Soon I also started making things for friends and decided that maybe I should start selling things. The start was rough, I didn't sell much, if anything and I realized I wasn't using the right fabrics and other materials.

I started selling mainly kids toys, ribbon blankets, ribbon balls and boo boo buddies. This expanded into diaper bags, burp cloths,and t-shirts. Recently I received a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday and that's when I really started expanding. I realized I didn't want to just sell stuff for kids, but I wanted to sell things that were visually appealing for moms and gift giving. So The Sensory Emporium expanded even further into custom vinyl and custom stenciled pillows. I can't wait to see what it expands into next.

I love to create. I love to imagine. And I love to bring my customers happiness with the products they receive. It's taken a lot of falls and mistakes to be able to bring you the quality products I offer today. And I'm thankful to every single person who has supported me in one way or another on this journey. I hope I continue to pick up passengers on this trek to building a business. Please visit me on etsy and "like" me on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment