It's been a looooooong summer and we decided to unplug a little bit. But with one of my kiddos in school and the other adjusting to being an only child for half the day, I finally have some free time. I'm just barely getting in on the blog train for The Silhouette Challenge this month, but I really wanted to do this one so it would motivate me to finally get this project done.
My first day as a parent of one, I decided to take everything out of the dining room, clean the carpets and rearrange. The dining room doubles as my office. I have a decent craft room, but the lighting in the dining room is so much better. Plus, it isn't shut away from the rest of the house, which is nearly impossible to do when you have one kid or 10. With school starting, we're going to have a lot of paper coming our way. I didn't want B's important papers getting mixed with my work papers. Hence, a family command center!
Sorry for the terrible pictures. My camera charger is missing! So you get cell phone pictures this week.
So here is my command center before. It's a mess. It's disorganized. It's also the previous home to our Deployment Countdown for my step-dad. That has been moved and this wall is going to be a fantastic command center.
No tutorial this time. But I did make this sign. I'm pretty much in LOVE with it. I used vinyl as a stencil and painted. So pretty! And if you're looking close, I know my wall is overwhelmed with EST. 2009. I'll have to change the clock eventually.
Here's the after! Picture a really trendy table cloth for over the book shelf, but black is what I have on hand this week. So top to bottom, left to right:
1. Our Family Sign (LOVE!)
3.Calendar (A must have to keep us all on track)
4.Pictures of my kiddos
5. Clipboard for B's papers, lunch menu, etc.
6. Cork board for art work, notes and other misc. important stuff.
7. E's clipboard (I'll probably use this for myself since E isn't in school yet)
8. No command center is complete without a Hello Kitty blue tooth player.
9.Our fish bowl that currently just holds a moss ball. Coming soon: A beautiful Beta fish.
10. And the messy bookshelf that is still messy (though not as messy as the before picture) but all concealed behind a beautiful table cloth.
This space is going to be so functional! I'm so excited to have all our stuff in one area and to have my office area a little neater.
To check out more home décor from the ladies with The Silhouette Challenge, check out:
1. The Moberg Family // 2. Sandpaper and Glue // 3. American Honey // 4. Weekend Craft // 5. Grey Luster Girl // 6. From Wine to Whine // 7. Cutesy Crafts // 8. Practically Functional // 9. Home At Eight // 10. McCall Manor // 11. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 12. Adventures in All Things Food // 13. Create it. Go! // 14. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 15. The Outlandish Momma // 16. The Sensory Emporium // 17. My Paper Craze // 18. unOriginal Mom // 19. My Favorite Finds // 20. Architecture of a Mom // 21. Black and White Obsession //